Mega Food Park Scheme has been put into effect by Special Purpose Vehicle a Body Corporate registered under Company Act. The scheme was developed with a purpose to create a linkage between the horticulture production with the market by amalgamating ranchers, processors and retailers so as to assure boost value addition, lowering wastage, rising up farmers earnings and creating employment space, particularly in the rural sector.
The Mega Food Park Scheme is based on “Cluster” approach and anticipates the establishment of state of art support infrastructure in a well-defined agri / horticultural zone for the framework of modern food processing units in the industrial plots provided in the park with a well-established supply chain.
Mega food park generally consists of supply chain setup counting collection centres, central processing centres, primary processing centres, cold chain and over 30-35 fully matured plots for entrepreneurs to build up food processing units.
- The scheme targets to aid the development of a strong food processing industry endorsed by a competent supply chain, which comprises of Collection Centres, Central Processing Center (CPC), Primary Processing Centers(PPC) and Cold Chain infrastructure.
- Collection Centers and Primary Processing Centers: These basics address for purification, classify, arrange and packing facilities, dry warehouses, specialized cold stores.
- Central Processing Centers(CPC):Includes common facilities like Testing Laboratory, Cleaning, Grading,Sorting and Packing Facilities, Dry Warehouses, specialized storage facilities
- The degree of land required for setting up the CPC is around 50-100 sections of land, however the real necessity of land would rely on the marketable strategy, which may differ from district to area. The land required for setting up of PPCs and CCs at different areas would be notwithstanding land required for setting up the CPC.
- It is normal that on a normal, each task will have around 30-35 nourishment preparing units with an aggregate speculation of Rs.250 crore that would in the long run lead to a yearly turnover of about Rs.450-500 crore and production of immediate and backhanded work to the degree of around 30,000 people.
Case of Assistance
The arrangement envisions capital permit of half of the assignment cost (excepting land cost) subject to a furthest reaches of Rs. 50 crore when all is said in done areas and 75% of the undertaking cost (excepting land cost)subject to a top of Rs. 50 crore in troublesome and uneven domains for instance North East Region including Sikkim, J&K, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and ITDP informed districts regarding the States.
A Program Management Agency (PMA) is assigned by the Ministry to give, as far as possible building, coordination and watching help. For meeting the cost of the previously mentioned and besides other constrained time practices by the Ministry, an alternate total, to the level of 5%of the general honors open, is saved.
Entry of Grant
The permit in-help under the arrangement is released in four bits of 30%, 30%, 20% and 20%, subject to other arrangement parameters, as per the going with timetable:
First Installment of 30% of hard and fast surrender under the arrangement is released in the wake of ensuring utilization of in any occasion 10% of the certified endeavor cost on the endeavor parts;
Second part addressing 30% of confirmed give assistance is released after proportionate utilization by SPV from term credit and esteem equivalent to the give whole released as first bit;
Third bit addressing 20% of avowed yield help is released after proportionate use by SPV from term advance and esteem indistinguishable to the give aggregate released as second bit;
Fourth and last bit addressing 20% of asserted enable help is released subject to productive completing of endeavor and start of exercises in the wake of ensuring utilization of 100% imagined duty of SPV including term advance and incentive on the supported endeavor portions.
So far the government has sanctioned 42 Mega food park set up in India out of which fourteen mega parks has come into operations in India.